Donors at the African Union summit yesterday pledged to help Nigeria and other African countries encountering Boko Haram with $250m to fight against the deadly sect and the war they have unleashed. This was announced by the AU Peace and Security Council chief Smail Chergui.
Chergui praised the success of the force at the close of the AU summit on Sunday, saying territory had been wrested back. “Great results have been achieved and we must consolidate these gains,” he said.
Chergui said $110m came from Nigeria, the European Union offered £50m, as well as donations from Britain and Switzerland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts:
-
Nigerian Actress, Angela Okorie is engaged. Her fiance popped the question today July 25 and the mum of one accepted his proposal.
-
Actress Anita Joseph has spoken in defense of her colleague and friend, Tonto Dikeh who has come under serious attack after her tell-a...
-
The joy of every parent is to see their children succeed in life and perhaps, take care of them when they are old and helpless. But thi...
-
The Nigeria Police Force has taken steps towards ending the menace of SARS officers. The NPF via its twitter handle has released telephone...
-
Men of Ogun State police Command on Saturday, February 12, arrested one Kehinde Oladimeji 43years, and his wife Adejumoke Raji 35, for ...


No comments:
Post a Comment