According to the lawyer of former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, he is prepared to go to the Supreme Court to fight for his freedom after his continuous detention by the federal government after three High Courts in Abuja had admitted him to bail in the charges filed against him by the government.
Mr. Dasuki had on Wednesday at the Court of Appeal in Abuja lost his bid to enforce his freedom.
His lawyer, Ahmed Raji, confirmed that appeal papers had been put together to be filed at the Supreme Court to challenge the judgment of the Court of Appeal, and those from the high courts that ordered his re-arrest.
Mr. Raji said there were sufficient grounds for his client to approach the Supreme Court to seek the enforcement of his freedom. Mr. Dasuki said he was not afraid of trial on charges against him, but said the proper thing must be done by government by respecting the bail granted him lawfully by courts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts:
-
Nigerian Actress, Angela Okorie is engaged. Her fiance popped the question today July 25 and the mum of one accepted his proposal.
-
Actress Anita Joseph has spoken in defense of her colleague and friend, Tonto Dikeh who has come under serious attack after her tell-a...
-
The joy of every parent is to see their children succeed in life and perhaps, take care of them when they are old and helpless. But thi...
-
The Nigeria Police Force has taken steps towards ending the menace of SARS officers. The NPF via its twitter handle has released telephone...
-
Men of Ogun State police Command on Saturday, February 12, arrested one Kehinde Oladimeji 43years, and his wife Adejumoke Raji 35, for ...


No comments:
Post a Comment